As a valued patient of Vascular Surgery Associates, we appreciate the trust you place in us and want to inform you about how we are addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We have been closely monitoring events in our local community and continuously updating our policies and protocols as we get new information.
The health and safety of our patients, providers, and staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, we have implemented the following policies and procedures:
- Throughout the remainder of May, we will be limiting the number of patients we see in the office and seeing only those patients with more pressing medical problems.
- We are continuing to offer virtual telehealth visits for our patients in the privacy and safety of their own home via smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- In addition to our regular cleaning and sanitation processes, we will be routinely sanitizing the waiting areas and wiping down surfaces throughout the day.
- Everyone entering the building will be screened by having their temperature taken, and answering questions about recent health and travel.
- All patients and employees are required to wear a mask or face-covering when inside the office. If a mask is not worn, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We are not allowing visitors to accompany patients at this time. Only those visitors that are required to assist patients will be permitted.
- Waiting area seating has been adjusted to adhere to social distancing recommendations.